I was recently asked how to determine the value of a keyword.
You can go here to determine what to do next with these keywords once they are uncovered.
As for how to actually uncover these keywords in the first place, here is how I do it.
1. Use the Google keyword planner to gather a list of keywords for you to consider.
2. Open this list in Excel and sort by search volume. Cut off anything that is below 100.
3. Sort the column next by competition. Some say these results are meant for PPC but I believe they should be used as a measure because if they are more competitive in PPC then there is a reason for it and that reason is that the term likely converts. Again cut off the lowest results.
4. Sort by the CPC (Cost Per Click) column and again remove the lowest results. The more someone is willing to pay for a term in PPC the more you again know that it has a good chance of converting within the world of PPC.
Narrow the above results down until you have a list of no more than 200 recommendations and preferably no more than 100.
Now look at the keyword suggestions themselves.
Cut anything that is only 1 word and possibly remove 2 word results also. As you do this process you will see that the key results rise to the top.
You now have a list of terms that are worth targeting within your keyword ranking strategies.
Latest posts by Guy Siverson (see all)
- 20+ Best Selling Products Online for Shopify (UPDATED FREQUENTLY) 2018 - November 12, 2017
- 50 Shopify SEO Tips for 2017 Local Businesses via 8 Experts - November 9, 2017
- 186 Best Shopify Apps for your Local Business per 9 Experts - November 9, 2017
- 180 Best Shopify Themes for Local Business Store-Fronts per 9 Experts - November 9, 2017
- 89 Reasons Online Shopping Websites Use Shopify Stores Per 10 Experts - November 8, 2017