Do you own a small business?
Are you trying to attract local clients for a local product or service, no matter what your location?
Do you wonder how to rank high on Google Maps? 2015 organic ranking strategies are not what they used to be. While the Internet is still very much in its infancy, thanks to Google and other search engines it is becoming a marketing force to be reckoned with as it relates to the success of your locally owned small business.
You’ve come to the right place at the right time because we are going to completely pull back the curtain on how to get massively good rankings on Google Maps. The ViralTNTeam strategy does indeed include citations and also backlinks but starting there is a serious mistake.
So before we speak about off-page strategies it really is important to spend time with on-page marketing first.
NOTE: As it relates to Google Places “on-page” is anything that is done directly on the Google property NOT your Website. Off-page is work that is completed away from Google which targets the best interest of your Google property.
When targeting on-page optimization of your Google Business property and answer how to rank high on Google Maps. 2015 strategies include:
- Make sure your 100% correct before moving any further. Decide on your business name, address and phone number and make sure everything is correct on Google. This will be critical when building citations.
- Google allows you 10 categories to choose. I recommend finding as many as possible and using them. The closer to 10 the better for you.
- Among other things you also need to write a review that links to various parts of your main site which is at least 300 words in length. Also, geo-optimizing at least 10 images is highly recommended for best results.
While all the above is critical it doesn’t touch at all on reviews and how to handle them as well as geo-targeting your status updates. Both of which are critical factors of the process that takes place with local marketing strategies from ViralTNTeam.com.
Once the above is complete it is time to turn to your off-page strategies for how to rank high on Google Maps in 2015. Between this and backlinks you drive your Google property to the top ranks of Google Maps.
NOTE: Many people say that Google doesn’t like backlinks which is simply not true. Google doesn’t like garbage but legitimate backlinks strategies are still a very huge part of ranking strategies in today’s local marketing strategies. Just be careful as to what type of backlinks you are connecting with.
There are many tools on the market to help with proper creation of citations. Two of the best which I’m aware of are:
- White Spark
- Bright Local
Once you understand exactly what Google wants so that you rank high on Google Maps it isn’t extremely difficult to accomplish. However, for those who are trained in Brain Surgery it also is not complicated. So if you don’t have the time and patience to figure out the secret sauce of how to rank high on Google Maps. 2015 is the year to turn to ViralTNTeam.com by calling 509-842-3578 today.
Latest posts by Guy Siverson (see all)
- 5 Great Articles About Online Marketing for Startups - March 3, 2017
- 3 Easy Ways to Cut Adwords Expenses that are Often Ignored - March 2, 2017
- 3 Hot Info Video Marketing Strategies Delivering Promise - March 2, 2017
- 5 Super Simple Ways to Explode Twitter Marketing Results - February 23, 2017
- Should Online Marketers Build eMail Lists or Social Media - February 21, 2017